Friday, May 1, 2009

“Different Ways of Escaping the Stress”

People have different ways of escaping the stress and difficulties of modern life. Some read: Some exercise: Others work in their gardens. What do you think are the best ways of reducing stress? Use specific details and examples in your answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Modern life style is full of stress. Exercise and working in garden do give physical exercise those are some of the best ways for stress relief. Reading however I don’t recommend because in era of computerization we have sedentary lifestyle and reading too is a sedentary activity and would not make any change in our lifestyle. In this essay I'll give you some simple ways for relieving stress.

Relaxation: Sit down at your most comfortable place, close your eyes and suggest to your self, “I am calm. I feel relaxed. My hands are relaxed. I'm calm and relaxed. My arms are relaxed. My arms and my legs are relaxed. My torso is relaxed and calm. My shoulders and neck are relaxed. My entire body is calm and relaxed. I feel relaxed and calm. This process is called autosuggestion.

Visit nearest outing spot: Go to the harbor, the nearest beach, a lake, river bank or garden. Just sit there and feel it, smell it, hear it. You will feel relaxed.

Walking: Take a thirty minute walk. Try to relax while you walk. Don’t think of your current problems, try to sense your environments like smell, sound impressions and what you see as well as your inner feelings: heart beat, your feet touching the ground and the movements of your arms. You will feel relaxed.

Music: Listen to music. Don't listen to heavy rock and similar music; this might invoke even more stress. Listen to slow and light music. You shall feel more relaxed.

Laughter: When you are stressed, call or visit friends that you have had much fun with. Talk with them about funny things you have done in the past and as they the youngsters say, “Get your laugh on”. Remember “Laughter is the best medicine”.
--(296 Words)--