Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Letter About Wrong Billing

(Page—78 of the book)

You recently went shopping at the local super market. When you got home and studied your bill, you found that you have been charged for the items you did not purchase.

Write a letter to the super market manager explaining what has happened. Tell the manager how you feel about the error and ask him to do something about it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Dear Madam / Sir,
Greetings,

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction over your wrongly billing me.

I would like to draw your attention to my visit to your store yesterday on January, 12 ’07 around seven in the evening. I purchased a brand new laptop with 2 numbers DVDs and an extra carry-case, for an amount of $1100 through my Credit Card.

On reaching home at nine and unpacking I found that In addition to the laptop I am wrongly billed for pair of extra speakers and headphones too. Excess amount thus billed is $50 and total amount of bill being $1150. I am sure this is inadvertent and attributable to the system error. However I am quite unhappy about it.

Please either send the bill duly corrected that enables me to make payment through an account payee check within the specified time limit of the credit card agency or refund the excess charged $50 thru a demand draft in our favor.

I request you to do the needful at the earliest.

Thank you,
Regards,
Yours truly,

Signed

(183 Words)