Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Letter About Study Abroad

(Page—81 of the book)

You have a friend who lives in a city abroad. You have decided that you would like to apply to do a course at one of the colleges in this city.

Write to your friend explaining what you would like to do. Tell him or her type of work or studies you have been doing for thru past few years and ask for assistance in contacting an appropriate institution.
----------------------------------------------------

Baroda
Thursday, April 12, 2007

My dear Friend,
Greetings,

It is since long that I have written to you. The delay was mainly due to my busy schedule and partly due to my laziness. Please pardon me. Am I forgiven?

I am doing very well here and hope this letter finds you in the best of your health and happiness. You will be glad to know that I have successfully cleared my BE (Electrical) with 90% marks. Now I intend to come to Canada and study for my Masters Degree. I want you to find some renowned university and colleges where I can pursue my studies in Canada and guide me to meet and establish contact with the right college authority. I would prefer to live in a shared accommodation if available. If not I will stay independently.

Please do reply by return of post.
Remember me to your wife and kids.
OK then,
Bye,
Take care,
Keep in touch,
Lovingly yours

Friend


(162 WORDS)