Monday, January 23, 2012

TOEFL Speaking Practice Draft -15- Talk about a time when you experienced success. Describe the experience and say why it was a success for you.

Talk about a time when you experienced success. Describe the experience and say why it was a success for you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I started studying for my Diploma in Electrical Engineering after a break of sixteen years. I was regularly attending evening classes after my day’s job in my company. This was all very tiring; above all the duration was four years. One of my colleagues was my classmate here. Both of us use to pool for transport and we use to study jointly at my home. Every semester up to third year we cleared. In the Fourth and Final Year both semesters we studied very hard. We use to solve ten sets of past examinations daily. In a way our preparation became so good that we could write the Final Year Examinations without any difficulty or delay. Upon deceleration of results I was flabbergasted with joy, fun, and excitement as I passed the examination with First Class and First Rank. I scored the highest marks in the batch and experienced a success. Because of this success I was promoted in the higher officer’s rank and hence I feel this to be a great success for me in my service career too.