Saturday, January 14, 2012

TOEFL Speaking Practice - 14 - Talk about an interesting tourist attraction you have been to. Describe it and say why it was interesting.

I had been to Ooty in the state of Tamil-Nadu in India. This is a hill station in The Nilgiris District and this is a great tourist attraction. This is the right spot for a nature lover. It sparkles with lush green vegetation that adds to the beauty of this spot and this is popularly known as “The Queen of Hill Stations”. The height of the hills in the Nilgiri range varies between 2280 and 2290 meters. I was flabbergasted to see the multitudes of greenery and variety colourful flowers blossoming all over. The lofty mountains, dense, forest and very vast Tea Estates are marvellous. It is lush green all over so cool to watch. I also visited botanical gardens, and fabulous rose gardens just superb. I also enjoyed boating in the Ooty Lake. I stayed here for a week relaxed and enjoyed a lot. The weathers are very pleasant through-out the year; the temperatures are 17 to 20 degrees Celsius in summer and 5 to 13 degrees Celsius in winters. Hence I find this place to be ideal for vacation.