Saturday, April 11, 2009

“Compare and Choose Your Transport”

You need to travel from your home to a place 40 miles (64 kilometers) away. Compare the different kinds of transportation you could use. Tell which method of travel you would choose. Give specific reasons for your choice.
================================

My first preference shall be public transport. It is available in the form of suburban trains and state transport buses. Frequency of plying is also quite high; so catching the time up is not a problem. I do have my car and a motorbike too. Even then why I prefer public transport to my own car or motorbike; I shall explain this essay.

By making use of suburban train and other available public transport mode, firstly I am not exposed to air pollution compared to my journey by road in my car or on my motorbike. Secondly it is highly cost effective. Thirdly it is very fast and safe. Last but not least I feel proud to contribute towards fulfillment of my nation’s important missions of “Conservation of Energy” “Oil Conservation” and “Reduction in Global Warming”. By using public transport, I add to government income and I economize on my expenditure.
In contrast, if I use my own transport i.e. car or motorbike; First of all I am exposed to more of pollution. Secondly I am exposed to some risk of road accident. Thirdly I am not as fast as a suburban train or state transport bus. Last but not least I spend high on gasoline. In addition, by using my car or motorbike I may be adding to the problems of global warming and pollution that I should avoid as a responsible and civilized citizen. However for the purposes of fun and enjoyment, I may use my car or motorbike sparingly on weekends for fun, enjoyment and merrymaking.

In nut shell I would prefer to use public transport for day to day jobs and my private car for enjoyments and merrymaking on weekends.

(284 Words)

No comments: