Friday, February 24, 2012

TOEFL Speaking Practice Draft -26- Which place has fond memories for you? Describe this place and explain why it is memorable to you.

Which place has fond memories for you? Describe this place and explain why it is memorable to you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A country side village Bijainagar in District Ajmer, Rajasthan, India is my birth place and has my fond memories. I did my schooling here, so all the fun and merrymaking that I had with my classmates and friends are the memories that I cherish. In and around Bijainagar there used to be number of Religious Fairs. I with my friends, invariably use to attend those fairs popularly called “Mela” in Marwari and Hindi. There use to be various entertainments like magic shows, acrobatics shows, merry-go-round etc together with ice cream and cold drinks and some fast food stalls. We use to have lot of fun and amusement there. In Bijainagar mode of transport was only bicycle, bullock carts and camel carts. I had been using bicycle for attending school. We use to go on picnic and excursion trips to nearby places and use to enjoy ride in bullock carts, camel carts. Also sometimes I had chance for horse ride, camel ride and elephant ride. Now in this fast age era of computerization whatever I enjoyed is nothing more than a dream. Hence I fondly cherish memories of my good old days of Bijainagar.