Tuesday, May 15, 2018

My First Pen Friend a Beautiful Girl


My First Pen Friend a Beautiful Girl

I attended Second All India Scouts and Guides Jamboree when I was 14 years. This was held at the most beautiful and famous “Pink City” Jaipur in Rajasthan. I had a wonderful time from 27th December to 31st December 1956. More than 10,000 Scouts and lovely Guides from all over India participated. The weather was pleasantly cold there. I had to stay in the tent with my school mates. Morning 6 use to be a wakeup call on trumpet an Army Bigul. Within 45 minutes I used to get ready and reach parade ground. Witnessing 10000 Scouts and charming Guides in uniform and colourful flags for parade was a glamorous scene. Commands were given on loud speakers with the background music of band. What a fabulous music and parade scene. It was charming. Evenings were the loveliest time when all were allowed to stroll in the entire area, meet new people, interact and make friends. I met an Anglo Indian girl of Assam contingent. She was very attractive and appealing with her sexy looks. I madly started liking her. I asked her if we could be pen friends. She gladly agreed and with a pleasant smile and we exchanged our addresses. I was thrilled with excitement. Wow...Having such a beautiful pen friend I was flabbergasted with such a joy, fun and excitement that is beyond words.

This is one of my happiest school days memories I love to cherish always.

(241 Words)