Sunday, January 1, 2012

TOEFL Speaking Practice 09 - Who do you feel close to in your family (or extended family)? Describe this person and say why you feel close to him/her.

I feel my sister Kirti close to me. She is three years older to me. Since my birth we were together. I being the only male child of my old parents received a lot of love and affection from all and maximum from my sister. My sister and I were studying in the same school hence I was always accompanied by her to and from the school. She always helped me in my studies and home work as she was three classes ahead of me. Also she helped me a lot in my preparations of monthly tests, quarterly exams, half yearly exams and annual exams. My sister always encouraged me to participate in games, sports and extracurricular activities like debate, music, drama etc and build a greater confidence level. During summer vacations we use to come to our hometown Sinor in Gujarat. We had to have a lot of excursion trips and boating in the Narmada River. She is very loving, caring, kind and sympathetic. I hence feel close to my sister Kirti.