Monday, May 2, 2011

“Spend Free Time Outdoors or Indoors”

Some people prefer to spend their free time outdoors. Other people prefer to spend their leisure time indoors. Would you prefer to be outside or would you prefer to be inside for your leisure activities? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your choice.
-------------------------------


I am a retired officer from oil sector, from a Government of India Undertaking. A public sector Oil Refining and Marketing Company. I prefer to spend my leisure time indoors. In this essay I will elaborate my leisure activities.

By definition leisure or free time, is a period of time spent out of work and essential domestic activity. It is also the period of discretionary time before and after compulsory activities such as eating and sleeping, going to work or running a business, attending school and doing homework, household chores, and day-to-day stress.

I wake up every morning at five and take a long morning walk. Evening I go for walk up to one park. I do spend some time sitting in the park seeing nature’s beauty and talking to some of my friends who also visit that park. Secondly I have a hobby of music, writing and net surfing. During my leisure time I practice Harmonica playing and writing. I like to watch television programs especially musical. Besides I practice Yoga also these activities relax me considerably. I do net surfing that gives me a lot of information and knowledge that proves very useful in my writing activity. However I don’t mean to say that I don’t like going outdoors. I do go outdoors for participating in several musical programs at various places in my town and I do enjoy that. My wife is an Arts and Cookery teacher; I like to learn Indian cuisine from her.

In nutshell my leisure activities are low-impact physical activities that include walking and yoga, music, writing, net surfing, television watching. I very much enjoy these activities.

(273 Words)